Defective Drug Attorney in Pittsburgh, PA
The Pittsburgh defective drug lawyers at Chaffin Luhana, LLP have extensive experience handling injury and wrongful death cases involving dangerous drugs and other consumer products. If you believe that you or someone you love was harmed by a medication, we may be able to help you seek compensation for your injuries and loss. To learn more, schedule a consultation with a product liability attorney at Chaffin Luhana in Pittsburgh, PA.
Defective Drugs and Liability
Drug makers have a responsibility to consumers. When a medication is released to the market and causes serious adverse effects or death, the drug manufacturing company should be held accountable. Sometimes side effects come up after the drug has been on the market for years, but in other cases, drug makers withhold information about a drug’s side effects in order to protect its bottom line.
Chaffin Luhana represents individuals and families throughout the Ohio Valley in Northern West Virginia, Western Pennsylvania and Eastern Ohio in claims involving all types of drugs, including (but not limited to):
- Accutane®: a medication for severe acne that has been linked to severe side effects including gastrointestinal injuries.
- Actos®: a diabetes drug that has been linked to bladder cancer in some patients.
- Denture Cream: popular denture creams such as Fixodent and Super Poligrip have been associated with zinc poisoning and copper deficiency, which can result in neurological and hematological side effects.
- Levaquin®: a type of antibiotic that has been linked to an increase in the risk for tendonitis and tendon ruptures.
- Ortho Evra: a birth control patch that has been linked to an increased risk for pulmonary embolism, deep vein thrombosis, heart attack, stroke and other serious adverse health effects.
- Reglan®: a medication for treating conditions such as heartburn caused by gastrointestinal reflux, which has been associated with tardive dyskinesia, a condition characterized by uncontrolled, involuntary movements.
- Yaz® and Yasmin: popular birth control pills that have been linked to an increased risk for blood clots, pulmonary embolism, heart attack and stroke.
If you or someone you love has suffered a serious side effect from a medication, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. At Chaffin Luhana, we recognize the severe effects caused by dangerous and defective medications or defective medical devices and can help you and your family seek and recover the maximum amount of compensation possible so you can focus on getting better and moving forward with your life.
National Dangerous Drug Law Firm
If you’ve suffered severe injuries, or if your loved one died from a drug or consumer product, you owe it to yourself to secure the best legal representation possible. The personal injury attorneys at Chaffin Luhana LLP have received national recognition for their involvement in drug and consumer product litigation, and have been featured on national programs like ABC’s Good Morning America.
Firm partners Eric Chaffin and Roopal Luhana play active rolls in pharmaceutical litigation, for instance:
- Eric Chaffin is a court-appointed member of the Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee and the State-Federal Court Liaison Counsel in federal denture cream MDL;
- Roopal Luhana is a court-appointed member of the Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee in the National Yaz, Yasmin & Ocella MDL Litigation;
- Eric Chaffin is a court-appointed Co-Liaison Counsel in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Court of Common Pleas denture cream Mass Tort Program;
- Roopal Luhana is Chair of the Law & Briefing Committee in the federal denture cream MDL;
- Eric Chaffin is a member of the Discovery Committee in the New Jersey Mass Tort Program involving Levaquin; and
- Eric Chaffin is a member of the Discovery Committee in the Yaz, Yasmin & Ocella MDL Litigation.
Our attorneys have also represented clients on appeal before the Circuit Courts of Appeal and the U.S. Supreme Court in the area of pharmaceutical litigation. For example, Mr. Chaffin and Ms. Luhana represented various union health and welfare funds as amici (friends of the Court) before the U.S. Supreme Court in Wyeth v. Levine, which was a key Supreme Court case upholding the rights of consumers to sue pharmaceutical companies for injuries caused by dangerous drugs. Mr. Chaffin has also represented AARP (formerly the American Association of Retired People), which has over 40 million members and is one of the largest membership organizations in the United States, and Prescription Access Litigation (“PAL”), which is a national coalition of more than 130 organizations in 36 states and the District of Columbia that works to make prescriptions more affordable to consumers, before the Second Circuit Court of Appeals as amici in pharmaceutical litigation.
Schedule a Consultation to Get Help
If you are a consumer or a referring attorney in need of an experienced dangerous drug or consumer product attorney, contact Chaffin Luhana at 1-888-480-1123 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We will evaluate the details of your potential claim to determine if and how we can help you. Securing the maximum amount of compensation for your injuries is our number one goal. We will work closely with you throughout the entire process so you understand what is happening every step of the way.