Pittsburgh, PA Defective Medical Devices Lawyer
Chaffin Luhana Pittsburgh defective medical devices attorneys represent persons that are harmed by a vast range of medical devices and other consumer products. If you or someone you love has been injured by a medical device in or around the city of Pittsburgh, PA, contact us to schedule a free no-obligation legal consultation to discuss your case.
Defective Device Claims
The product liability lawyers at Chaffin Luhana represent people throughout the United States, including Ohio Valley in West Virginia, Western Pennsylvania and Eastern Ohio in claims involving defective medical devices such as:
- Birth control devices (e.g. NuvaRing)
- Pain Pumps
- Transvaginal Mesh Products
- Inferior Vena Cava (IVC) Filters
- Hip Implants
- Knee Implants
Serious Injuries Result from Defective Devices
When a medical device fails, the results can be devastating. Patients can suffer severe, life threatening injuries and even death. Some examples of the types of injuries that can result from defective medical devices include:
- Blood clots
- Pulmonary embolism
- Deep vein thrombosis (DVT)
- Heart attack
- Severe infection
- Inflammation of tissue
- Muscle damage
- Erosion of the device causing severe infection
- Severe, chronic pain
These are only a few examples. The injuries caused by defective devices vary depending on what device was used and for how long. When a person is injured by a medical device, the following are considerations:
- Was there a defect in the product’s design?
- Was there a manufacturing defect that prevented the device from working properly?
- Did the manufacturing company fail to warn patients and healthcare providers about the risks associated with the device?
- Did the product come with adequate instructions for use?
- Did the patient or healthcare provider use the product as suggested?
- Did the manufacturing company fail to properly test the product?
- Was the product released prematurely?
- Was the product marketed for the wrong uses?
Schedule a Consultation with an Experienced Attorney
Medical device claims can be very complex. It is important to hire an attorney with a proven record of success in these specific types of cases. At Chaffin Luhana, our attorneys have the experience, the skills and the resources to build you a solid case and to get you the fullest amount of compensation possible. Our attorneys are recognized nationally for their involvement in cases involving defective devices, drugs and other consumer products. To schedule a free no-obligation legal consultation, please contact us today.