Ohio Valley Attorneys for Fungal Outbreak Lawsuits
Mold and Fungus can Cause Catastrophe
The Ohio Valley law firm of Chaffin Luhana is ready to represent you and your family if you have been the victim of a fungal outbreak or infection caused by mold. Fungal outbreaks can occur in many environments but are particularly dangerous in hospitals or other healthcare facilities. They can lead to medical malpractice lawsuits if the medical center or hospital staff failed to ensure patient safety. If the healthcare facility offered services that fell below the standard of care and you or a family member were the victim of a fungal outbreak, take action now to get justice and compensation.
- From our offices in New York, Pennsylvania and West Virginia, we offer representation to victims of fungal-sourced mold infections and other infection throughout the Ohio Valley
- We have recovered nearly $1 billion dollars in compensation for our clients
- We have access to highly specialized medical investigators who can assist us in finding the truth in your case
- We are shrewd negotiators and proven trial attorneys. Through settlement or verdict, we will fight to win for you
- If we do not win your case, we collect no fees: No win. No fee
For a free and confidential consultation with Ohio Valley attorneys for fungal infections, call Chaffin Luhana toll free at: 888-316-2311.
Recent Fungal Outbreaks Have Led to Tragedy
In 2015, several people who were patients at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center for organ transplants became infected with fungal-sourced mold while in the hospital’s care. As of February, 2016, four of those victims had died. While under the care of the hospital, the victims were exposed to unsafe conditions. The infections the UPMC patients contracted at hospital may have contributed to their deaths:
- Sepsis of internal organs leading to organ failure
- Mucormycosis, a rare but potentially fatal fungal infection
- Related health issues that are potentially tragic for patients with other medical challenges
These cases have received considerable media attention and the UPMC organ transplant program closed for nearly a week after the fungal outbreak was discovered. Several lawsuits are pending against the hospital. And while these particular catastrophes have been justifiably placed in the public spotlight, these types of infections happen at other hospitals as well. When a surgical center or other health care facility is caring for patients, they must make safety a priority. One mistake is too many.
If you have been injured or someone in your family has been killed as the result of a healthcare provider’s negligence, you have the right to sue to recover damages and to hold responsible party liable. Chaffin Luhana has the resources to investigate and litigate even the most complex medical-legal issues including injuries and wrongful death related to fungal outbreaks. Lawsuits related to this medical issue can be complicated but Chaffin Luhana has the experience and resources necessary to stand up for you and your family.