Chaffin Luhana Honors the Spirit of Giving with New Foundation Website
The founding partners of Chaffin Luhana LLP, a national plaintiffs-only law firm, is pleased to announce the launch of a new website, ChaffinLuhanaFoundation.org. The foundation reflects the efforts that Eric Chaffin, Roopal Luhana and the entire Chaffin Luhana LLP team make every year to support and uplift those who are facing difficult challenges in life.
“Our motto is Doing Good by Doing Right,” said partner Eric Chaffin, “and we take that very seriously. The new website outlines the activities, grants, and outreach projects we’re working on to give back to our communities and support those who really need it. Our efforts through the Foundation are some of our most rewarding, and we want to spread the word to both increase awareness about needy organizations and individuals, and to celebrate those who are overcoming hurdles and serving as great examples for the rest of us.”
A not-for-profit organization, the Chaffin Luhana Foundation encourages the development of human potential and supports community empowerment through the endowment of funds to deserving recipients, the creation of community-based enrichment projects, and the support of important scientific research that meaningfully impacts the underprivileged and sick in society.
Some highlights of the Foundation’s work so far include, among others:
- University of Michigan Zinc Research: The Foundation made a substantial grant to the University of Michigan to assist in the research of how zinc reacts within the body. It is hoped that this research will result in better care and treatment for zinc-induced copper deficiency myeloneuropathy, a disorder that causes pain, weakness, and loss of body control, and which can occur as a result of long-term use of denture cream with high zinc content. This project grew out of the firm’s work on behalf of hundreds of unfortunate consumers who were permanently disabled from the zinc in denture adhesive.
- Sarah Jane Brain Foundation: Founded by the father of a child who was shaken as an infant, this organization works to create a model system of care for children and young adults suffering from pediatric acquired brain injuries. The Chaffin Luhana Foundation made a sizable donation to the organization, which celebrated the life of Cheryl DelRossi, a former Chaffin Luhana client.
- St. Joseph’s Soup Kitchen in New York City: The Foundation recently made a sizable donation to this organization over the Thanksgiving holiday, which feeds meals every Saturday to the homeless and the working poor. The Foundation donation provided meals to 650 needy New Yorkers.
- NY Cares Annual Coat Drive: Chaffin Luhana staff and their families donated coats, and the Foundation purchased coats for the drive, which is facing a large shortage of donations this year. The coat drive raised 135 coats to help keep New York’s underprivileged warm during the winter months.
- Habitat for Humanity: The Foundation made a significant donation, and staff members volunteered to help with the building of a home in the Westchester, New York area. The firm donated the staff time to the work day.
- Newtown Kindness: The firm recently made a seed donation to Newtown Kindness on the eve of the one year anniversary of the Connecticut school shootings. This organization teaches school children and others to think kindly and act boldly. The mission of Newtown Kindness is aligned with the Chaffin Luhana firm, which has a motto of “Doing Good by Doing Right.”
The Foundation’s spokesperson is Para-Olympic medalist Stephani Victor, who suffered a traumatic car accident when she was only 26 years old that robbed her of both legs. She went on to become a Para-Olympic downhill skier, winning five medals in the last three Paralympic Winter Games, including a gold medal and two silver medals in 2010 in Vancouver. Though injuries kept her out of racing for nearly two seasons, she is staging a comeback for the Sochi 2014 Paralympic Winter Games.
Stephani is a former client of Eric and Roopal’s, and has been close friends with them for years. She shares their vision for encouraging accomplishment through the Chaffin Luhana Foundation, and will be involved in the Stephani Victor Legacy Award, which the Foundation plans to give to one deserving individual each year.
“I witnessed from a very early age what it takes to work hard and sustain yourself,” she says, “and I share the values that Roopal and Eric have—that when you come from a humble beginning, you never lose your connection to that. There’s a lot of good to be done, and I’m excited to be working with the Chaffin Luhana Foundation to make it happen.”
Chaffin Luhana LLP has a long and successful history of protecting the rights of those affected by adversity including those who have suffered from serious side effects caused by medical devices and pharmaceutical drugs. Partners Eric Chaffin and Roopal Luhana represent high-profile cases in federal and state courts across the country, and provide new online resource centers for clients and the public. To date, Mr. Chaffin and Ms. Luhana along with co-counsel have been involved in recovering over $1 billion for injured consumers. Both have been named to the prestigious New York Metro Super Lawyers list numerous times, and though unable to guarantee results, the firm has a distinguished track record of success and is highly committed to each case.
Eric Chaffin & Roopal Luhana Recognized as N.Y. Super Lawyers 2013
October 11th, 2013
Chaffin Luhana LLP is pleased to announce the selection of partner Eric Chaffin as one of the prestigious New York Metro Super Lawyers of 2013. This is the fourth year in a row that Mr. Chaffin has received this honor, which names him as one of the top five percent of lawyers in the state. Partner Roopal Luhana was also named a New York Metro Super Lawyer 2013. Last year, she was named one of the Top Women Attorneys in the New York Metro Area, and the year before, as a Super Lawyers Rising Star—an honor reserved to no more than two-and-a-half percent of lawyers in New York. “If we’ve …
Chaffin Luhana Welcomes Kelly Camarote to the WV Office
July 9th, 2013
Chaffin Luhana LLP is pleased to welcome Kelly Camarote to their Ohio Valley office in Weirton, West Virginia. A tri-state native, Kelly will be the first voice clients hear when calling the office. “We are excited to have Kelly working with us,” said partner Eric Chaffin. “Her experience as a news anchor and reporter have given her the necessary skills to quickly determine what our clients need, and then help us to fulfill that need by coordinating the appropriate actions, depending on the case.” Raised in Crabtree, Pennsylvania, Kelly graduated from Point Park University in 200…
Chaffin Luhana Expands to New Office in West Virginia
March 12th, 2013
Chaffin Luhana LLP announces the opening of its new office location in Weirton, West Virginia. Attorneys at the new location will represent clients in West Virginia, Eastern Ohio and Western Pennsylvania, including those injured by defective medical devices, pharmaceutical drugs, medical malpractice, asbestos-related diseases, and in automobile and other accidents. With a reputation for making sure clients have a strong voice in the legal system, the firm plans to deliver the best possible results for a broader range of clients in the tri-state area. The firm’s offices will be located in a n…