Pittsburgh, PA Product Liability Lawyers
The Ohio Valley product liability lawyers at Chaffin Luhana represent individuals and families who are injured or otherwise affected by a wide range of defective products. From defective car parts to unsafe medications, we have experience handling a wide variety of complex product liability claims. If you or someone you love was harmed by an unsafe product, contact us for help today.
Product Liability Laws
Manufacturing companies have a responsibility to consumers. When something goes wrong with a product and it causes harm to one or more persons, the company should be held accountable. As product liability lawyers, we represent individuals and families in lawsuits against manufacturing companies, sellers and distributors of faulty products.
Defective products will usually have something wrong with the design, the way it was made, or the way it was marketed. Before filing a claim, it is important to determine if the problem came from one or more of the following:
- Design defect: if there is a problem with a product’s design, it doesn’t matter how carefully it is manufactured, there will always be problems with the product.
- Manufacturing defect: if a product is designed perfectly, but a certain part isn’t working properly or if all the parts aren’t put together correctly, it is likely that something went wrong during the manufacturing process.
- Marketing defect: this happens when a product is designed and manufactured correctly but doesn’t come with proper instruction for use. This includes improper labeling, incomplete instructions, inadequate warnings or inaccurate claims about a product.
Product Liability Lawyers
At Chaffin Luhana, we are familiar with product liability laws and help people seek compensation from the product designer, manufacturer and marketing company. We are equipped with the knowledge, skills and resources to handle even the most complicated claims involving all types of defective products, including (but not limited to):
- Defective motor vehicle parts (e.g. tire blowouts and faulty brakes)
- Defective safety equipment (e.g. seatbelts that come unfastened and airbags that fail to deploy during an accident)
- Defective airplane equipment
- Defective bicycle parts
- Defective medical devices
- Unsafe medications
- Defective children’s toys (e.g. toys that present suffocation and choking hazards)
- Unsafe playground equipment
- Defective machinery
Schedule a Consultation
If you or someone you love is injured by a defective product, you can seek help from the qualified product liability lawyers at Chaffin Luhana. We represent people in claims throughout the U.S., including in West Virginia, Western Pennsylvania and Eastern Ohio. To find out if we can help you, contact us to schedule a consultation today.