Slip and Fall Lawyers in Pittsburgh, PA
The Pittsburgh slip and fall accident attorneys at Chaffin Luhana represent individuals in premise liability claims, including those involving slip and fall accidents. To schedule a consultation with an experienced lawyer from our firm, contact us today.
Premise Liability Law
Slip and fall injuries are in the category of premise liability law . If you slip and fall because of someone’s or some company’s negligence or recklessness and you were on their property, you may be able to sue to recover the costs of your slip and fall accident.
Such costs may include:
- Past and future Medical bills (charges by doctors, hospitals, rehabilitation workers, laboratory fees, medication costs, or price of special equipment such as a wheel chair or a medical device)
- Pain and suffering
- Current and future lost wages
- Loss of companionship
Examples of Slip and Fall Accidents
Slip and fall situations for which you may be able to hold someone legally responsible include:
- Wet surfaces
- Poor lighting in a hazardous area such as a parking lot
- Unsecured throw rugs
- A torn carpet
- Unsafe stairway or stair railing
- Burns from extra hot water
- Broken elevator or escalator in a store
- An icy sidewalk outside a person’s home
- An unsafe ride in an amusement park
Slip and Fall Case Settlements
Sometimes it is preferable for your lawyer to help you settle with the negligent party or their insurance company. If costs for a lawsuit would exceed the amount of the settlement you might receive, your lawyer may advise you to reach a settlement agreement with the defendant.
Often the rewards in a slip and fall case are less than rewards from other types of lawsuits because the plaintiff may be considered to be partly at fault. If a person or a business is to be considered legally responsible for the injured person’s slip and fall, one or more of the following conditions for liability may have to be met:
- The owner or an employee caused the situation that led to a slip and fall accident
- The owner or employee knew about the danger, but failed to correct it
- The owner or employee failed to correct a situation which any reasonable person would consider dangerous
Contact an Ohio Valley Personal Injury Lawyer
If you or someone you love was injured after slipping and falling, you may be able to seek compensation from the property owner or manager. To find out if you are eligible to file a case please contact us today. We represent people in the Ohio Valley in West Virginia, Western Pennsylvania and Eastern Ohio.